Craftsman rear 1000 kill switch

mdevaney1

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is quite annoying that when mower blades are engaged shifting to reverse stalls engine. One has to disengage mower blades to go in reverse. I assume there might be a switch that can be disconnected to permit going in reverse with mower blades engaged. My question is if this exists where is it and what does it look like. A simple pic would be quite helpful.
The model number is rer1000

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
the techs on here can't give you that information because it creates liability for us to do so. If that mower comes into the shop we can either refuse to work on it, or make the switch operational and charge you for it. As a whole we do not give information to bypass safety systems.

The reason for that switch is too many young kids getting backed over by their parents and losing body parts or worse.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
But some people simply don't care about their kids or other kids.

I don't have kids myself but I still feel sorry those that are injury because of safeties being disable. In Athens, AL there is now a little girl that has to pay for her family's decision to disable the reverse safety for the rest of her life as a large part of her foot is now gone. Probably still trying to figure a way of suing the mower manufacture for something the mower owner did themselves.

This is about as bad as letting the totters play in street late in the evenings near dusk. Just asking for them to get ran over. I nearly kill one years ago that ran out into the street on bicycle. Luckily I was paying attention and driving below the 25 mph speed limit. I still did a 180 spin and could have touch the kid as I when backwards around him. Scared the hell out of me and his grandmother. She proceeded to tan his hide about it while I sat there for over 30 minutes calming my nerves. I was more worried about the kid then anything else. His grandmother assured he was alright other than that he will have a sore bottom for few days.

But of course nowadays there grown ups that don't care about kids in the first place as it infringes on their rights as an adult. I reckon the young ones are disposable nowadays.

Personally as a shop owner and chief mechanic I will not allow a mower to leave my shop with the safeties disabled. I even make notes on the invoices that the system came in disable and function was restored that way if owner disables the system again I am covered liability wise.