Craftsman Push Mower 944.368170 won't start

Fluxuated

Forum Newbie
Threads
I Have a Craftsman Model 944.368170, which has the Briggs & Stratton 675 series 190 cc Engine.

I Put the mower on its side to tighten the blade, which came loose, and now it won't start. Tried taking out the spark plug, and cleaning it, tried taking out the air filter and cleaning around inside, and took off the Silver container for the Carb??? cleaned it. I drained the gas, checked the oil level, and still nothing, no firing. There is Spark.

What else can I try? It was working fine before, i put it on its side to tighten the blade. Appreciate any help you can provide.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two things come to mind right away. If you tipped the mower on it's side did you have the carb down. If so you may have filled then cylinder and carb with oil. Always tip with the carb up. Pull the plug and pull the engine over about a dozen times, install plug, put a little gas in the air horn and try to start. Second, why did the blade come loose? You may have sheared the flywheel key when it came loose and it will still fire but at the wrong time.