Export thread

Craftsman Mower with Kohler CV15s Will not start

J

jph

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and I am hoping you guys dont mind helping out a newbie. Here is my situation:

I have a Craftsman mower with the CV15s engine. It will turn over (crank) fine, but I cannot get her started. Swapped batteries with another known good one and no change. Should be fuel or spark right? So I started with spark and verified I am not getting any. Pulled the plug, replaced it with new, set the correct gap, still no spark.

Next I removed the blower housing, disconnected the the white wire (kill wire) from the ignition coil. Still no spark.

Next I Ohm'd out the ignition coil. The manual states it should read between 8,000 - 16,000 ohms between the plug wire end and the laminations. Mine read 14,000. Should be Ok, correct?

Not sure where my next move is, maybe the voltage regulator, but I thought that had more to do with the charging system than with the ignition. I could be wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mower is a Craftsman Zero Turn
Engine: Kohler CV15s - Spec # 41588

Thanks in advanced for your help.

I

ILENGINE

With the wire on the ignition module unplugged and still no spark with known good plug, you have already find the problem.

J

jph

Thanks for the response.

Think its just a bad ignition coil that ohms out good? Anyone have any experience with that? Having a coil buzz out in the correct range, but still be bad?