Repairs Craftsman Model 917.255692

Rus

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just finished a repair to my Craftsman Lawn Tractor that I thought might benefit another member. It is a Craftsman 14 HP, OHV, Kohler motor.
About 6 weeks ago while operating it, it died suddenly. I checked fuel battery etc NO start at all. The machine is about 150 miles from here in the country so could not stay on it. But read some help on this forum. Next I did change out the spark plug, I removed the air filter, and it would start and run for seconds with carb cleaner sprayed into or at the carb opening. I checked, but went ahead and changed out portions of the fuel line and the filter. I was getting fuel up to the fuel pump , but not past. Visited with my local auto mechanic and eventually he loaded me his vacuum gun. A device with hose and asst rubber nozzles, that you can pull a vacuum with. Per his instructions I pulled a vacuum and fuel from the fuel line where it enter the carb, which is on the opposite side of the tractor from the fuel pump. Reassembled and it started and ran. It had apparently lost it's vacuum, per the mechanic, and just needed help getting the fuel to the carb.
So all is well know. But this I certainly would not have know with out help from the professionals.