craftsman lt2000

scaraboat

Forum Newbie
Threads
riding mower has been running great for years. this season, the battery was dead. I replaced the battery, but have found that when I disconnect the positive terminal and touch it repaetedly against the positive side of battery, I am getting a slight clicking sound from a electrical connection that is attched to the bottom of the carb. I am getting a drain on the battery. has anyone had this problem, or know what to do to fix this.

please respond to mmmark6461@gmail.com

I am not very computer savy and dont know if I can get back to this site. Thank you

Mikel1

Threads
That is the fuel solenoid, should be able to unplug it.

scaraboat

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is the fuel solenoid, should be able to unplug it.

Yes, I understand that you can unplug it, that wasnt my problem, since , have learned that the sound is actually the solenoid shutting on and off....which is normal....still trying to find what draining the battery...thanks though.

Mikel1

Threads
Make sure your connections are clean at the battery. Unplug one component at a time until it stops draining.
I will trade you for a draining battery on a Dodge Ram.:thumbdown:

scaraboat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Make sure your connections are clean at the battery. Unplug one component at a time until it stops draining.
I will trade you for a draining battery on a Dodge Ram.:thumbdown:

hmmmmm...let me think about that....ohh ok....no thanks...lol

Mikel1

Threads
hmmmmm...let me think about that....ohh ok....no thanks...lol

Lol, I wouldn't have taken that trade either because it was a pain in the rear.

The nice thing about some multimeters is that they have a dc 10 amp or 20 amp input. So you can move the positive meter lead to the dc 10 or 20 amp. Then take off battery negative cable terminal and put positive probe of meter on negative battery cable terminal, then negative probe of meter to negative battery post. This completes the circuit and shows the draw. Then disconnect component one by one until it's found.

The draw I had was almost .500 amps which is high, normal is .050 amps or less. It was time consuming because I had to wait for computer modules to power down then pull fuses one by one. Isolated fuse but there was about 10 components on that line, really thought it was going to be the aftermarket radio but I was wrong. For those reading it was a faulty seat belt timer module after disconnecting it .031 draw.:thumbsup: