Craftsman LT2000 won’t start

punkmanmatthew

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,
Bought a lt2000 46 inch 21 HP mower used the other day. It cranked and worked fine when the owner brought it and I mowed with it the same night I got it. After I mowed I turned it off to blow it off and then got back on to crank it and it wouldn’t start up. It will click and make a high wining noise and sometime turns the motor over once but won’t start. I thought it might be the battery so I bought a new one and installed it. It cranked after I installed it but kind of slowly managed to come on. I thought it was fine so let it sit for another week and now I tried to crank again today to mow amd same thing it just clicks and tries to crank but makes a wine noise and turs over sometimes once and other times just clicks and wines and won’t turn over.
Any help is appreciated on what it could be. Thanks!

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Starter solenoid or bad grounds. Could be the starter too. Post up a video of it on youtube and link it here so we can see and hear what it is doing.

punkmanmatthew

Forum Newbie
Threads
Starter solenoid or bad grounds. Could be the starter too. Post up a video of it on youtube and link it here so we can see and hear what it is doing.
I ended up borrowing a battery jump box thing and the mower starts when I hook that up to the battery. Im going to mow around for a bit and see if that charges the new battery or helps anything at all and let you know.