CRAFTSMAN LT 2000 W/KOHLER ENGINE--WIRE PROBLEM

tj50

Forum Newbie
Threads
:newhere: Hi. I just saw this forum and I'm hoping someone can help. Have a Craftsman riding mower LT2000, 17HP with a KOHLER ENGINE that caught fire because it was clogged with hay and nesting material (but that's a whole other story):frown:. The part that caught fire was the wire connection from the WIRE HARNESS to the ENGINE (See pictures of what's left of it). In order to stop the fire from spreading I had to pull the connection apart. Now that I want to reconnect the wires I find that the wires from one side don't match the other side.
I was wondering if anyone has the same model if they can take a picture of the connection showing all the wires so I can put it together again without having to buy a new wire harness. The connection is on the side where the starter is. I would appreciate any help.:smile:TRACTOR 1.jpgTRACTOR 2.jpgTRACTOR 3.jpgTRACTOR 4.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Model number off the sticker on the mower I might find wiring schematic.

hrdman2luv

Threads
:newhere: Hi. I just saw this forum and I'm hoping someone can help. Have a Craftsman riding mower LT2000, 17HP with a KOHLER ENGINE that caught fire because it was clogged with hay and nesting material (but that's a whole other story):frown:. The part that caught fire was the wire connection from the WIRE HARNESS to the ENGINE (See pictures of what's left of it). In order to stop the fire from spreading I had to pull the connection apart. Now that I want to reconnect the wires I find that the wires from one side don't match the other side.
I was wondering if anyone has the same model if they can take a picture of the connection showing all the wires so I can put it together again without having to buy a new wire harness. The connection is on the side where the starter is. I would appreciate any help.:smile:View attachment 23293View attachment 23294View attachment 23295View attachment 23296

If you have no reason for all the safety switches, this would be a GREAT time to do this:

tj50

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model number off the sticker on the mower I might find wiring schematic.

Thanks. Model no. is 917.273140. I have the wiring diagram from the owner's manual, but its no help. It doesn't give all of the wire color from the wire harness.

tj50

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you have no reason for all the safety switches, this would be a GREAT time to do this:

Thanks. Good video, but my mower has so many more wires and connections I don't think I would be able to get it to work. I will definitely check it out.