Craftsman dump cart, tires, wheels, axles.

tanner9595

Threads
I've got an old dump cart that has the narrow tires and at time on a sloop and top heavy the cart will tip over. I'd like to just swap out the narrow tires/wheels for the tuff tires, thinking they will provide more balance. My concern is the axle, are all of the craftsman dump carts using the same type/size axle? Are the wheel on all models interchangeable, they look so from the pictures?

I'm tempted to just go buy a new dump cart, what the heck, its only money!

gfp55

Threads
I've got an old dump cart that has the narrow tires and at time on a sloop and top heavy the cart will tip over. I'd like to just swap out the narrow tires/wheels for the tuff tires, thinking they will provide more balance. My concern is the axle, are all of the craftsman dump carts using the same type/size axle? Are the wheel on all models interchangeable, they look so from the pictures?

I'm tempted to just go buy a new dump cart, what the heck, its only money!
Maybe you could take a wheel off your cart and take it to tractor supply or some other place and compare axle sizes and wides and see if they have a wheel that will work for you. If that fails you can always buy a new cart.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
tanner, I have one of those carts. Just load the cart carefully. Don't see how tires are going to help tipping. The axles are very primitive, just up from wooden cart design. If you must , look at H Frt who often has wheels on sale.