Repairs Craftsman DLT MOD. 917.272201 25HP 46" EZ3 Lawn Tractor 2006

Denis I

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman DLT MOD. 917.272201 25HP 46" EZ3 Lawn Tractor 2006
Hello folks, the problem i am having with my tractor is as soon as i release the Clutch/Brake Control Pedal the engine cuts off. If i leave it running with the brake pedal engaged all is fine. The tractor starts up and runs just fine. Even though it is an 8 year old tractor it has been used for less than 100 hours. It is fully tuned-up with no excessive vibration. Any ideas. Thanks for any help.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most common problem with the mower dying when the clutch is released or the blades are engaged is the seat safety switch. could also be tracked down to the associated wiring like relays, and some have found problems with the clutch switch.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
302 Found Wiring schematic page 35 in manual. Check all relays & safety switches by hand making sure they are tight & secure as ILENGINE instructed. Take a look at parts list under electrical so you can have an idea of location of parts.

Results engine operators manual & parts list

Last edited:

Denis I

Forum Newbie
Threads
302 Found Wiring schematic page 35 in manual. Check all relays & safety switches by hand making sure they are tight & secure as ILENGINE instructed. Take a look at parts list under electrical so you can have an idea of location of parts.

Results engine operators manual & parts list

Well folks, the first thing i did was to replace the seat switch ( took one off another tractor ). That was not the issue so i started to look for relays and found one attached to the right side metal panel below the Clutch Switch. Fortunately, i have two Craftsman Tractors so i switched out the relays and sure enough that was the culprit. However, i noticed that the tractor would move very slow in reverse so i adjusted the Motion Control Lever by slackening the bolt/washer that allows for the speed adjustment. The bolt can be accessed with an extension from under the right rear wheel fender. The part no. for the Relay Assembly is 109748X. Sears sells it for $10.50 and that was very competitive. Thanks all, for your expert suggestions. Denis I