Craftsman Carburetor questions

the.doc

Threads
The first attachment has all the numbers for this lawn tractor. (I get tired of finding the book, looking up all the numbers, and typing them in so I've started doing it this way. I'm counting on you guys not being shy about telling me if there's a good reason not to do it that way)
The second attachment is a view down onto the carburetor. The green arrow points to a black plastic piece with a screwdriver slot. The red arrow points to a metal screw that's compressing a spring. I guess that both are adjustments. I've got no plans to touch either one right now, but I also think that it couldn't hurt to know what they are.

thanks guys

Attachments

• cover-compressed.pdf
    323.6 KB · Views: 10
  • carb.pdf
    81.1 KB · Views: 14

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Black cover screw is the adjustment for the fuel mixture at idle and the spring covered screw sets the engine idle speed. That seond screw can be a little more complicated on some engines but may or may not be that way on yours. On some engines there is a govenored idle and the screw is set to keep the throttle butterfly from slamming shut killing the engine.

the.doc

Threads
Thanks, that's nice to know, although I'm leaving them strictly alone until something happens.