craftsman 917.257730 hydro questions

Carheir

Threads
Trying to get a mower fixed up and have a question about the hydro unit on it. It has a filter so I am assuming (yea I know, thats dangerous) :laughing: that the oil can be changed. I looked at the manual but there is no mention of changing the oil or the filter. So, what to do?

Now a little backstory, this mower belonged to my BIL (passed) and I am sure he never did anything regarding the hydro unit so I think it is safe to say it still has the original oil in the unit. I am not fixing the mower up to mow, I just want to have a little putter that I can drag a cart around for brush cleanup, etc. I am replacing the starter, steering shaft, plugs, oil, dropped the mower deck. The mower needs a major cleaning underneath which it will get as soon as I can get my compressor out there.

I have used the mower and the engine ran fine. The steering went bad and I bought a ZTR to replace it. Like I said, I want to keep it for general cleanup work. So, where would you suggest I look for info on the hydro?

Thanks,
Mike

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Carheir

Threads

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Once in a while the long term memory still works. Good Luck.