Craftsman 6.75hp CURB SCORE 917.376527

PUSH

Threads
I've passed too many mowers curb side.. Never time to stop.. But this one - this time I did..just down the street. 2 min from the house.
Jumped out and gave it a pull.. Almost started. Hmm - ok it wants to start threw it in the jeep
Just lbadly neglected..? Yes
Looked up manual on-line
Same spark plug as my 550 uses - new plug - some fresh gas.. Remove the filter.. 4-5 tries . Started! Sort of...Ran like a shaky old lady for 30 seconds then dies but it wanted to start.. Felt like fuel starvation/clog? Started it again but with the unit doing a wheelie .. It did the trick .. Burst to life as it cleared what ever junk was in the tank/carb pu .. Sweet - RUNS GREAT! Except for the vibrations..

The bad-
No luck on the FWD The belt broke long ago..plus the cable is loose- monster rust hole in the rear deck. Broken rear wheel . Motor cover cracked off. The oil was black as night - the oil fill tube shook loose..the blade looks good but upon closer inspection.. It's installed upside down! Well that explained most of the hand numbing vibrations - the air filter was all mud caked

quick fixes - 3hrs
Wash it - 1/2 clean it
- changed the oil $2 - fixed the blade -to the store for a drive belt $11 + reattached the cable to the ezwalk handle - new spark plug $2 - grind the rear wheel flat add spacers to the hub
$1 - tighten the oil tube - clean the air filter - grind the rust and make a aluminium cover for the monster hole + aluminium tape $4 - spray paint paint it red..

The good -
It was free. It runs well! Super easy to pull start - effortless compared to the 550 - it's 190cc - the FWD works - still working this out a little - it's just fun to bring something back to life - mowed the entire lawn with too!

Still shakes too much - got to do a check of all the bolts. Plus swap a newer blade on it

Any other suggestions? On what else to look at for the vibrations ?

Push

PUSH

Threads
before and after
IMG_3465.jpg
IMG_3469.jpg
IMG_3504.jpg
IMG_3510.jpg
IMG_3512.jpg

Just an overall thanks to the people here - I never would have attempted something like this in the past - the knowledge and confidence gained from reviving my old mower last year with help from here is priceless.
I almost curbed mine as well. Now I love the little thing.

Thanks

primerbulb120

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've passed too many mowers curb side.. Never time to stop.. But this one - this time I did..just down the street. 2 min from the house.
Jumped out and gave it a pull.. Almost started. Hmm - ok it wants to start threw it in the jeep
Just lbadly neglected..? Yes
Looked up manual on-line
Same spark plug as my 550 uses - new plug - some fresh gas.. Remove the filter.. 4-5 tries . Started! Sort of...Ran like a shaky old lady for 30 seconds then dies but it wanted to start.. Felt like fuel starvation/clog? Started it again but with the unit doing a wheelie .. It did the trick .. Burst to life as it cleared what ever junk was in the tank/carb pu .. Sweet - RUNS GREAT! Except for the vibrations..

The bad-
No luck on the FWD The belt broke long ago..plus the cable is loose- monster rust hole in the rear deck. Broken rear wheel . Motor cover cracked off. The oil was black as night - the oil fill tube shook loose..the blade looks good but upon closer inspection.. It's installed upside down! Well that explained most of the hand numbing vibrations - the air filter was all mud caked

quick fixes - 3hrs
Wash it - 1/2 clean it
- changed the oil $2 - fixed the blade -to the store for a drive belt $11 + reattached the cable to the ezwalk handle - new spark plug $2 - grind the rear wheel flat add spacers to the hub
$1 - tighten the oil tube - clean the air filter - grind the rust and make a aluminium cover for the monster hole + aluminium tape $4 - spray paint paint it red..

The good -
It was free. It runs well! Super easy to pull start - effortless compared to the 550 - it's 190cc - the FWD works - still working this out a little - it's just fun to bring something back to life - mowed the entire lawn with too!

Still shakes too much - got to do a check of all the bolts. Plus swap a newer blade on it

Any other suggestions? On what else to look at for the vibrations ?

Push

Hopefully this isn't the case, but I'm thinking the crankshaft is probably bent. :frown:

PUSH

Threads
Yeah - the way it was just misused and the neglect - I thought it could be a bent crankshafts as well. Still haven't checked all the bolts on it.
thanks for the reply

PUSH

PUSH

Threads
Ok
Finally got back to this mower
I checked all the bolts- none were loose. Changed the blade to my old blade from my 550 - that was it! The Terrible old abused blade was causing the remaining vibrations
Runs 10x better - no shaking
Now to better fix that hole, already had a a rock bust through the thin aluminum. And get a better rear tire.. Keeping an eye out for another similar curb find
PUSH

primerbulb120

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ok
Finally got back to this mower
I checked all the bolts- none were loose. Changed the blade to my old blade from my 550 - that was it! The Terrible old abused blade was causing the remaining vibrations
Runs 10x better - no shaking
Now to better fix that hole, already had a a rock bust through the thin aluminum. And get a better rear tire.. Keeping an eye out for another similar curb find
PUSH

:thumbsup:

PUSH

Threads
Re: Craftsman 6.75hp CURB SCORE 917.376572 - Update

after a few months of usage and an eye out for another donor curb mower... I found a donor but it's so good - Im keeping the Curb Find 2 Toro and Im letting this one go to my friend who's Honda is on it's way "out". ( Ill look into that ..)
So Yesterday i spruced it up for him - just couldn't let it go the way it looked or ran - Cleaned the carb + filter area. runs perfect now. addressed the shield that covers the gaping hole with a 1/8" thick discarded sign. quick and dirty fix but it'll work
then Blacked it out using any left over Spray paint i could fine. High heat first then cheap $1 black and finnally some Krylon Fusion to finish - had just enough. Came out pretty good for 1/2 a days work. Just needs a engine cover -- still on the look for that..Now to Black out the Toro..One mans Trash..

PUSH
IMG_4992.jpg IMG_4995.jpgIMG_5003.jpgIMG_5011.jpg