Craftsman 3.75 hp

dbdixonfamily5

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Sears Craftsman push mower with a 3.75 hp engine on it. It was given to me by my sister in summer of 2013. I was able to use it approximately 6-8 times during last years mowing season and it ran fine each time I used it. Fast forward to May 2014 and I'm having difficulty in keeping it running after it starts. It will run for about 20 seconds after priming the bulb, but then it dies. You can prime the bulb again and it will start and run for about 20 more seconds but then dies. While it is running, it runs smooth but dies each time. So far, I replaced spark plug, drained fuel and replaced with fresh gas... did this twice. But still getting the same result. Any ideas?

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Sears Craftsman push mower with a 3.75 hp engine on it. It was given to me by my sister in summer of 2013. I was able to use it approximately 6-8 times during last years mowing season and it ran fine each time I used it. Fast forward to May 2014 and I'm having difficulty in keeping it running after it starts. It will run for about 20 seconds after priming the bulb, but then it dies. You can prime the bulb again and it will start and run for about 20 more seconds but then dies. While it is running, it runs smooth but dies each time. So far, I replaced spark plug, drained fuel and replaced with fresh gas... did this twice. But still getting the same result. Any ideas?

Sounds like carb requires strip down and cleaned.

Replace carb diaphragm and gasket set Briggs part number 795083 and you should be good to go.