Cowboy

cowboya69

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2004 exmark 27 hp water cooled 60 in deck that the shaft in a wheel motor broke. I pulled it and then cut the filter open and only had a few small metal shivers, the same for the recovery tank. Will I be ok to replace the wheel motor only. If not what should I do. All help will be appreciated.
Also any one have a wheel motor? My model is lz27lka 604, serial is 347237
THANKS

geelee

Threads
if you mean it broke outside of wheel motor its ok, but if the shaft free spins inside wheel motor then the coupler shaft broke, shards from this went directly into pump via the high pressure loop bypassing filter. disassemble pump check kidney ports for damage. but the sad truth is I have never seen a pump survive this type of failure. most likely you will need pump and wheel motor plus cleaning out hoses. the pump and wheel motor on other side were protected by filter

Threads
I have a 2004 exmark 27 hp water cooled 60 in deck that the shaft in a wheel motor broke. I pulled it and then cut the filter open and only had a few small metal shivers, the same for the recovery tank. Will I be ok to replace the wheel motor only. If not what should I do. All help will be appreciated.
Also any one have a wheel motor? My model is lz27lka 604, serial is 347237
THANKS

Is this a repeat thread from another one you posted not long ago ????