Courage 19 oil drain

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I'd like to replace the stupid EZ drain yellow plug that came with it.... It is definently not easier to change the oil, and oil leaks all over where it doesn't need to when changing it...
Next oil change won't be until late fall by hours... Does anyone know what size thread is used? I'm assuming it's a Pipe thread, would like to just put in a hollow pipe with a cap like my I/C twin has. Now, i see kohler sells what i am wanting, (12-136-12S)
But i know i can go to my local hardware store and get it individual piping cheaper.
COURAGE 19 SV590-0220
Thanks.

upupandaway

Threads
I'd like to replace the stupid EZ drain yellow plug that came with it.... Does anyone know what size thread is used? I

I haven't fiddled with that in a while but it should be 3/8" pipe thread. I put a plumbing shutoff valve when i added pipe to my rider and 0 turn.

EatPreyMow

Threads
Saw this one a while back and thought it was pretty slick:

Oil Drain Plumbing.jpg

EatPreyMow

Threads
my luck would be a stick jumps up and opens that valve while mowing i wouldn't notice... LOL
I removed the handle from mine, so to operate the valve I just key the handle onto the stem and twist it. If I lose the handle the valve still has a square nub on it that I can open with a socket.