Countyline 25 Ton Splitter

Judge335

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a Countyline 25 ton log splitter. When using it for a couple hours in the summertime the ram gets very hot, almost to the point that you wouldn’t want to touch it. Is this common in log splitters and what causes the heat? Thanks in advance!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mine gets pretty hot, I imagine in summertime, it really gets hot.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oil flow restriction like a pump creating pressure generates a considerable amount of heat Normally with hydraulics 100 degrees about ambient air temperature is normal. So in the summer time could reach close to 200 degrees oil temp. My splitter will get hot enough in the winter to warm your hands on the cylinder.

FarmallBob

Forum Newbie
Threads
The hydraulics getting hot while running is normal.

My Dirty Hand 25 ton splitter (I think identical your County Line except paint/decals....) gets hot while working. It even has a "HOT" decal affixed to the cylinder to warn of the high operating temperature.

In summertime, after about 30 minutes the ram cylinder becomes too hot to touch.

In winter it runs proportionally cooler but still gets noticeably warm. I use 2 pair of gloves in cold weather - wear one pair and lay the other on the cylinder to warm up/dry, then switch gloves every 15 minutes or so. Keeps my fingers delightfully warm!

Last edited: