Corded mower with AC motor problem

tictac

Threads
I have acquired a Yardworks electric mower (model 18A-V17-515) with a German "Robert Stahlschmidt" motor. It appears to be an AC motor because the 2-wire power cord goes directly from the handle switch to the motor and NOT through a bridge rectifier. It also has an 80 MFD, 240 Volt capacitor wired to the motor. When I apply 120VAC, the motor starts slowly and continues to rev up to a dangerous speed; the whole mower starts to bounce on the garage floor and roar loudly. I immediately shut it off at that point. The blade looks like it's not bent and the motor shaft is straight. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be? Thanks in advance.

tictac

Threads
Thanks you, Mechanic Mark. You have led me to the problem. See the photo below:

Blade_zps7f4e4cf0.jpg

The motor, shaft and blade were OK, but the blade had moved over sideways. I will need to replace the plastic fan assembly above the blade because it centers the blade and has worn down to allow the blade to shift.

Thank you for the link to the manual and I appreciate your help.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks you, Mechanic Mark. You have led me to the problem. See the photo below:

View attachment 23328

The motor, shaft and blade were OK, but the blade had moved over sideways. I will need to replace the plastic fan assembly above the blade because it centers the blade and has worn down to allow the blade to shift.

Thank you for the link to the manual and I appreciate your help.
You're quite welcome, glad to be of assistance.