Considering T2290. Everyone’s thoughts are apreciated

04yamaha

Threads
  • / Considering T2290. Everyone’s thoughts are apreciated
I own a construction company and have a kubota excavator that works very well and the price point was good compared to other brands. The dealership is great. So I’m considering a T2290 with a 48” fab deck mulching kit and bagger for my 1acre home lot. I live on a hill so a good hydro is desired. It would replace my 1987 john Deere 160 with a completely rotted out 38” deck. Honestly there is more hours on that JD then I can even try to add up and it still fires right up. 12hp Kawasaki motor. Smokes a little now. And it gets knocky when is it’s hot but still works. Anyway. It’s time to upgrade. My other tractor I have thought about was a Husqvarna ts348
But Im leaning toward the kubota

gainestruk

Threads
I looked at all the specs, if I had the money I would buy it, it says it comes with Briggs or Kawasaki, as long as Briggs is a commercial grade it would be fine, on the Kawasaki is FX it would be best if it's FR that's residential grade and probably about same as Briggs, myself I would go with Kawasaki, other than that the mower looks great and should last many years.
I would go with Kubota over the Husqvarna.

PAMedic

Threads
I too am looking at that model or the 2090. If you get it let us know what kind of deals are out there please. My only issue is that the dealer is almost an hour away but the JD dealer is less than 10 minutes. Might make a difference if I have to go in for warranty work.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Comparing a Kubota to Husqvarna is like comparing apples to lemons, qua and longevity are totally different. Kubota all the way, even with the hour drive.

PAMedic

Threads
Comparing a Kubota to Husqvarna is like comparing apples to lemons, qua and longevity are totally different. Kubota all the way, even with the hour drive.
If you are referring to me that was the OP who was considering the Husky, not me. I am deciding between the JD and Kubota.
Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m not a great fan of JD, unless you are going with one of the higher end models. Most times I would still go with Kubota.

PAMedic

Threads
I’m not a great fan of JD, unless you are going with one of the higher end models. Most times I would still go with Kubota.
Looked at the Kubota today. Not considering it anymore as I explained in another post.

04yamaha

Threads
Well I pulled the trigger on the kubota. 48” fab deck. Mulching kit. And bagger kit. The accessories should be in early next week. I imagine I will be mowing by next weekend

PAMedic

Threads
Well I pulled the trigger on the kubota. 48” fab deck. Mulching kit. And bagger kit. The accessories should be in early next week. I imagine I will be mowing by next weekend
Congratulations. I drooled when I looked at that tractor but it was just too tall for me. I also could not lift the deck easily. I don't think the salesman was too interested in selling it so I figured the dealership would not be much help in the future If I had a problem. The JD dealer was just the opposite so I ended up with the X370 which was more comfortable for me. I am 5'-7". The Kubota really looked well made. I hope you enjoy it for years to come.