Compact Pro 34 modifications

aussielawny

Threads
Bought a C/Pro 34 for my business; have bought 20x10-10 carlisle turf masters for better performance without damaging lawns ( we get a fair bit of rain and the ground stays damp/soft for a long while). The other thing I need to do is make a chute blocker as I will be mulching 90% of the time - I don't want to fit the full mulching kit, just a chute blocker I can open and close as needed and will probably need mulching blades..... has anyone made their own blocker that could give any advice/suggestions and possibly a photo? Would also appreciate any suggestions on blades e.g. gravely, gator, or others I should consider
There aren't any commercially made chute blockers available here in Australia by the way, and freight from the US is prohibitive :frown:

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bought a C/Pro 34 for my business; have bought 20x10-10 carlisle turf masters for better performance without damaging lawns ( we get a fair bit of rain and the ground stays damp/soft for a long while). The other thing I need to do is make a chute blocker as I will be mulching 90% of the time - I don't want to fit the full mulching kit, just a chute blocker I can open and close as needed and will probably need mulching blades..... has anyone made their own blocker that could give any advice/suggestions and possibly a photo? Would also appreciate any suggestions on blades e.g. gravely, gator, or others I should consider
There aren't any commercially made chute blockers available here in Australia by the way, and freight from the US is prohibitive :frown:

Hi aussie! You may be surprised to hear I remember a thread where a fellow Australian put it simply that (recollection and paraphrase) you can make your own blocking plate with a little effort. The short kits I see are just a cover to keep the grass bits under the deck and a couple matching screws. If I were making one I would select a softer aluminum sheet like 3003 and just form it with a round mallet on sand bag. If you can work in fiber glass make a little mold out of foam and bondo and lay up some fiberglass . Not hard. Or you could probably heat and form some 16 ga sheet metal. Hope this helps. (the fellow Aussie was "Bertsmobile" )

KrashnKraka

Threads

Yeup, caught your post and responded...as I recall.

With our grasses (FNQ), and weather windows, I have found
the mulching kits, gator blades and blockers simply load the
deck up and usually leave balled "cowpats" all over the place.
I have abandoned those concepts opting out for windrowing and
pickup. In the wet, manually, if grass must be mowed.
I note none of the local shire councils do more than "cut n spray"
so there is the lesson for large scale commercial operations.

Good Luck with finding a way through to successful mulching :)

KK