Mower deck Clutch PTO quit while mowing

Rdm

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a scag tiger cub 19 horse kawasaki . I was mowing in heavy grass and PTO just quit. I had a blown fuse and replaced that fuse, no help. In the process of checking things out I am getting no voltage to the plug that goes to the clutch. I think it is the PTO switch. Am I on the right path? I put in two new 20 amp fuses, that did nothing but they did not blow. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Rdm

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
The pig tail to the clutch may have a broken wire in it. It won't appear broken by looking at it but run your fingers down the wire and see if you feel a break.

lisah

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower deck quit also. I turned it off and then it would not re engage??? I too changed the fuses. Maybe someone has some ideas and has this happened to anyone else? Lisa

Steve0853

Threads
I had a Grasshopper do that. It was the PTO switch. Replaced it and the mower went right back to work.

If it was a wire shorting out, it would keep blowing fuses. If it was a wire burned into, it would be unusual for the wire to burn into before the fuse blowed.

If you can test the switch, that is the first thing I would do.

hilde

Forum Newbie
Threads
mine would refuse to engage after it got hot. looked on the internet was told to check air gap on clutch. and ajust to .17 thousanths that fixed it