Clogged deck.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
What is the worse thing you have ever dug out of a mower deck. Mine was one of those blue tarps. What a mess.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Back when I was operating a boom mower, there was all sorts of things hidden along drainage canals. I would have to say a mattress was the worst.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Back when I was operating a boom mower, there was all sorts of things hidden along drainage canals. I would have to say a mattress was the worst.

That's as bad as I've ever heard. Like is someone so lazy they wouldn't move it out of the way first.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
What is the worse thing you have ever dug out of a mower deck. Mine was one of those blue tarps. What a mess.

When it gets pulled up into the shaft, so that taking off the blades isn't enough to get it unwrapped isn't enough.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Probably my worse has been anything that is plastic. So pieces of tarps, bale string/wrap, panty hose, gets wrapped up around the base of the shaft and damage the lower bearing seal or just melt into a hard mass. Removed 2 inch diameter by foot long spring from a ladies blades the other day. But the worse has to be that steel stranded dog cable or electric or barb wire fence.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's as bad as I've ever heard. Like is someone so lazy they wouldn't move it out of the way first.
You sometimes can’t see stuff like that in tall grass, weeds, and rushes.