Choke Setting FR691V

Jimmy the Lock

Threads
On a Kawasaki FR691V, what's the best way to set the choke when cold starting?

Seems like with the choke all the way open and the throttle wide open it doesn't want to start too easily.

But, if I set the choke at half way open and bring the throttle down a little it starts easier.

Just curious if this is something one experiments with to find the best positioning for the choke / throttle or is there a recommended setting that should always be used?

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is my second Z with a FR651V, & I always start mine with low speed throttle position. & maybe 3/4 choke for a mili second.
Actually I use one hand for the key, & other on choke knob. Second it fires get the choke off Fully..

Mine starts instantly. And I let it run slow for a few like the Owners Manual states.. & shut it down same way..
Low speed. Also engage blades after warm up at just a bit higher RPM, then when engaged take rpm's up to full..
Much easier on the blades clutch. Also stated in the Kawasaki owners manual.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
This is my second Z with a FR651V, & I always start mine with low speed throttle position. & maybe 3/4 choke for a mili second.
Actually I use one hand for the key, & other on choke knob. Second it fires get the choke off Fully..

Mine starts instantly. And I let it run slow for a few like the Owners Manual states.. & shut it down same way..
Low speed. Also engage blades after warm up at just a bit higher RPM, then when engaged take rpm's up to full..
Much easier on the blades clutch. Also stated in the Kawasaki owners manual.
All engines start a little differently. I usually go to about 2/3 throttle and full choke. As soon as it starts, instantly take off choke.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes all engines start differently. I even had a few that start without the choke once the temps are above 80F.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep, true, just giving what works for me in my location.