Export thread

Choices

J

jrouss28

Advice please: I am new to zero turns and a larger yard, I am looking at Zero turn mowers with a bagger to save time on yard work.

I have an acre and a half with some slopes. I am currently using a John Deere E170 that is okay but, the bagger is weak and my lawn grows quick so I want to bag clipping and leaves. I am in New England with lots of trees so, the bagger is a must for me.

I am considering:
Ferriss 500s 48 or 52, I have been leaning toward the 52 inch for the turbo bagger.
Exmark Radius E 48
Gravely ZT HD 48
Ferris 600s 48
Hustler Fastrack 48 or 54

The Ferris 500s, Exmark Radius, Gravely ZT HD are around the same price. The Ferris 600s and Hunter Fast Trak are around a 1000 more so, I am not sure if they are worth the extra.

Any thoughts on my choices?

Thanks John

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

I don't know what the selection is in New England, but zero turns are really bad on slopes So you really should get a riding mower. Get a craftsman or husqvarna, parts are easy to get, easy to maintain, and have a huge range of attachments. Maintenance is really hard on ZTRs because the engine is boxed in by the frame. Riding mowers are better on slopes because they have a steering wheel, instead of the casters on zero turns. I say get a more powerful riding mower, It will serve you well 👍🏼