Export thread

Chipper/Shredder

G

Grady04

I am trying to get a chipper/shredder running to no avail. The unit is a MTD model #645, the engine is a B&S 130212-3250-01. I took the carb and gas tank off, cleaned the carb and replaced the tank,and gaskets, After installing everything back in place, I tried to start the unit. It wouldn't start, so I pored some gas in the carb and it ran 'til it burned the gas in the carb, then dies. What pumps the fuel from the tank into the carb?:confused2:

M

mechanic mark

https://www.briggsandstratton.com/us/en/support/manuals/results?NTT=130212-3250* engine operators manual & parts list, it's either gravity fed or by way of a fuel pump. How does fuel filter look? I would order a carburetor overhaul kit or new carburetor depending on price. Be sure oil level is full also. Adjust valves to specs. with engine cold per operators manual page 10. Also check fuel tank cap vent for being stopped up.

Amazon.com: Carburetor Overhaul Kit For Briggs & Stratton Part Number 495606, 494624. Kit Exceeds OEM Specs, Is Compatible With Up To 25% Ethanol In Fuel.: Patio, Lawn & Garden carburetor kit page 10 parts manual

Two carburetors are listed so you need to see page 10 for type numbers & have all numbers from your engine data plate. Shop for best price.