Checking Oil Level on 5HP L-head Tecumseh snowblower engine

kartboarder22g

Forum Newbie
I have a dipstick on the top of my engine, and I'm wondering how to check the oil, do I screw the dipstick tight and then unscrew it to check the oil level, or do I just just put it in without screwing it down and pull it right off? I have always screwed it tight and unscrewed it, but now that I just got a Honda lawnmower I noticed you are suppose to not screw it all the way when checking. So I'm wondering if its the same of the Tecumseh. There is about a half a quart difference between screwed down all the way and not screw down at all on the check. Any help would be great.
 
It should say on the dipstick. most tecumseh engine dipsticks have to be screwed in and on all honda engines you have to dip it in not screw it in i hope this helps
 
Back
Top