Changing the drive belt LB 10324 ?

Plumberroy

Threads
I was cleaning up my lawnboy project mower. It looks like you need to take the motor off to change the belt. Am I missing something here

FuzzyDriver

Threads
If you're just removing the self-propelled stuff, some good, heavy wire cutters should do the trick. Or did you change your mind and you're gonna keep that stuff on?

Plumberroy

Threads
Haven't decided yet :rolleyes: I need to run it some more to see how much I want to spend on it. . But that may be a temporary fix.

1saxman

Threads
Don't know what the problem is but it is a constantly-slipping design. If it won't go, you need to adjust the free-play on the bail with the cable adjuster. About an inch is plenty. You tighten it until the wheels start turning when you raise the rear end. Then back it off until they stop. This way it will pull back without resistance and you can 'feather' the bail to go at any speed you want.

Creej

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was cleaning up my lawnboy project mower. It looks like you need to take the motor off to change the belt. Am I missing something here
Same here. It looks like I have to take the motor apart to replace the belt. Can't even get my blown motor apart to figure how to do it.

intruder1500

Threads
Same here. It looks like I have to take the motor apart to replace the belt. Can't even get my blown motor apart to figure how to do it.
This video is not for a 10324 but may provide you with some information. Good Luck!