Ch740 kohler comand

Carlos onate

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ch740 kohler runs fine at idle but when I go full throtle I get some explosions and the engine does Rev up the way it should, I check spark plugs an seems like is running rich I also install a new carb, didn't fix the problem, I check completion and I got 145 on each cylinder, I got good spark as well, so can it be my flywheel trying to jump from the crank shaft, thanks in advance.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
145 psi is low for the command engines. Also the timing issue could be related to a partially sheared flywheel key but also could be something going wrong in the spark advance portion of the ignition modules.

Carlos onate

Forum Newbie
Threads
145 psi is low for the command engines. Also the timing issue could be related to a partially sheared flywheel key but also could be something going wrong in the spark advance portion of the ignition modules.
I am thinking about the flywheel partially sheared, where is that advance ignition module on the engine?, thanks.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It would be built into the coils themselves above each cylinder under the blower housing.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It really depends on your setup. Kohler Command can have one of three ignition systems. Fixed, SAM, or DSAI. Fixed and DSAI have the electronics in the coils themselves and the SAM (Smart Spark Advance) has external control module. Most Sam module are being replaced with DSAI modules when the SAM control module fails.