cc30h missing bolt

jeremyttt

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a cub cadet 30" hydrostatic riding lawn mower. My PTO belt kept shredding and I was able to identify that as the idler pulley being loose. Long story short, in the process of replacing the stripped bolt for the idler pulley, my 2 year old son decided to hide a crucial bolt that holds the part that the transmission belt and main belt loop around. Now the problem I am having is I can not find this bolt on diagrams or even the part that the bolt goes to. i've attached a photo of the part. I would call it a spindle/pulley but know by searching, that is the incorrect term, its the part that the transmission/pto belt and the main belt loop around. I am missing the bolt that keeps this spindle/pulley in place. I figured if i can correctly identify what cub cadet calls this part, I then can properly search for the bolt. I appreciate all the help!

2.jpg

jeremyttt

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need to know the model of the Cub Cadet. any hardware store should have the bolt, needs to be the correct length and thread pitch, Grade 8 most likely.
thank you for the fast reply. Model number is 13c721jd010. For the idler pulley i was able to locate the exact bolt using the diagrams, so the size and thread was easy at the hardware store. Im hoping for the same with this, just having no luck with any of the diagrams.

jeremyttt

Forum Newbie
Threads
Making progress. It looks like the manual refers to it as the PTO pulley. The top will be the PTO belt and the bottom will be the main drive belt. No luck yet identify the bolt size.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 3.12.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 3.12.35 PM.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 7

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
The top pulley (smaller) is the tractor drive belt, the larger bottom pulley is the deck belt.
the screw used SCREW 7/16-20 x 1.25"length
It's a grade 5 screw with a flat washer
#15 is the pulley , #9 AND #4

jeremyttt

Forum Newbie
Threads
scrubcadet 10 and hlw49, i can not thank you both enough for your help! I will be able to swing to the store today and mow tomorrow! You guys saved me a ton of headache and time researching, which means more time with my family, i truly appreciate the help! Thank you!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
You're most welcome.
not often people comeback and say thanks.

Charlie8d

Threads
You may have to order those parts.
Also, I see a rough looking place on the pully in the picture. You might need to file on that if it rubs the belt.