Export thread

Carburetors

M

motorhead1959

Can anyone tell me why all Honda carbs are in the 30 dollar or less range except for the 16100-ZE9-L03 which is 152 dollars? and of course that's the one I need. That's more than what I payed for the mower. It shows it's an OEM part. Is there a aftermarket replacement? Thanks in advance.

I

ILENGINE

It is that much money because it only fits 6 models of riding mowers that they haven't made in 20 years, therefore no demand for that part.

S

slomo

Because Honda is out of the mower business. People selling parts to get rid of them.

S

Scott_HRR

Can anyone tell me why all Honda carbs are in the 30 dollar or less range except for the 16100-ZE9-L03 which is 152 dollars? and of course that's the one I need. That's more than what I payed for the mower. It shows it's an OEM part. Is there a aftermarket replacement? Thanks in advance.
After market—> [OEM] Replacement Carburetor Carb For H GX110 GX120 GX160 110 120 4HP Engine Motor Accessories [Replacements] https://a.co/d/itDXye8

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

After market—> [OEM] Replacement Carburetor Carb For H GX110 GX120 GX160 110 120 4HP Engine Motor Accessories [Replacements] https://a.co/d/itDXye8
Parts will be around for Honda mowers for several years to come. Too many of them out in the field.

StarTech

StarTech

Now of there is one site claiming to have an aftermarket that fits the
1701351216462.png
mower engines but it is a crap shoot.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Suyin-Ca...s_ad_id=1285218&campaign_id=9383&sharedid=STD

S

Scott_HRR

Parts will be around for Honda mowers for several years to come. Too many of them out in the field.
I think the issue is his particular carb model seems unusually expensive compared to all the other OEM carbs. My guess is further shopping around he may find a more reasonable price. If not I’d try the clone for that price, nothing to loose.

StarTech

StarTech

I think the issue is his particular carb model seems unusually expensive compared to all the other OEM carbs. My guess is further shopping around he may find a more reasonable price. If not I’d try the clone for that price, nothing to loose.
He'll is will get a sticker shock but this is the cheapest I have found for the carb.

1madmouse

I know this is a mower forum but i haven't had much luck elsewhere for a carb for a Honda G400 in a ES3500 generator? Anyone know where to look?

StarTech

StarTech

There three version of the ES3500 generator.

Well if it has a serial above 1050763 then you will have a hard time as Honda has NLA the carburetor. That is provide one of two versions. If you have the third version none of the carburetors are available from Honda.

1madmouse

Thank you StarTech I appreciate your responding. I have looked at forums, Honda and eBay, but have no luck. The previous owner says it is like a Mikuni. If the carb had not sat with water in it might be able to salvage, but it's pretty bad. I will check the serial # maybe find something I can adapt. I thank you for your time. Seems Honda is getting like Husqvarna with their parts, Planned Obsolete.

StarTech

StarTech

I think all the OEM are getting into the act lately. I had a two year Briggs engine in the back in the Summer that I could get any parts for. Briggs claim had sub contracted the engine out and that the manufacture went belly up.

1madmouse

You are right, I have been working on several Husqvara walk behind self propelled that wear out the drive bearing that is NLA. Some of these are about 4-5 years old. Had to go sideways with my search, but found the bearings.

1madmouse

I wonder if anything can be adapted to work? I have the original, but it was full of water and dirt. Kind of works, guy I got it from swears the carb is just like a Mikuni on motorcycles. I will look up those serial numbers on the unit. Thanks StarTech Sorry about the repeat seems my age is starting to show on memory.