Carburetor replacement

venture160

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a craftsman push mower - model # 917.388961.

I am having carburetor trouble - the motor will run a short time after spraying starter fluid, but immediately stops - The mower has very few hours on it, but has been setting up unused for several years.

I soaked the carburetor in carb cleaner which dissolved some "gunk" and freed up the float and float valve which stopped the overflow of gas from the primer bulb.
After soaking I blew through every opening that I could find on the carburetor, but it still won't run.

The carburetor has numbers on the outer flange - 6150N on the left side and 2775 on the right side.

I have looked online for a replacement carburetor, but don't find any of the numbers for the engine or the carburetor, either in the carb numbers of the "replacement for" lists.

I see several carburetors that look like mine, but don't want to order something that won't work properly for that engine - Can anyone direct me to the correct carburetor?

The mower has a 6.5 HP Briggs & Stratton motor - the number on a black plate over the muffler has the number 123K02 C541-E1 05122556

Thanks in advance,
Boyd

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is your part number for the carb.