Carb solenoid Honda

1948man

Threads
I have been gifted a non-running Honda EM 6500 sx generator. It has pull start and electric start capabilities. If I have no battery connected and just use pull-start, can I just cut off the plunger on the solenoid? The guy who gave it to me said it started easily with the pull start before he let it sit a couple of yrs. I don't see me ever using a battery since it will be mainly used for the occasional power outage. I guess the solenoid wouldn't work if it didn't have a battery.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Why????

Generator solenoids normally only operate on shut down. They simply operate backwardsof most lawnmower engine mounted ones.

1948man

Threads
Would the solenoid retract to allow fuel flow if I don't have a charged battery in the system.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
With generators their carb fuel solenoid when they not energize are in the retracted position. As the generator is being shut down the solenoid gets energized extending the pin which block the main fuel nozzle pathway. Thus the solenoid is spring loaded to auto retract when not energized.

But it is possible a tech not knowing this to install the wrong solenoid. This would be a case of assumed guessing without doing their research.

1948man

Threads
With generators their carb fuel solenoid when they not energize are in the retracted position. As the generator is being shut down the solenoid gets energized extending the pin which block the main fuel nozzle pathway. Thus the solenoid is spring loaded to auto retract when not energized.

But it is possible a tech not knowing this to install the wrong solenoid. This would be a case of assumed guessing without doing their research.
Okay, thanks for the help.