Carb loading up

Ropersscag

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 23 horsepower kawasaki and I am having carb problems. I went to mow a yard and it wouldn't run full speed. I went to turn it off and then start it again and it was hard to start and when it did it blew a lot of black smoke out of the exhaust. Which I believe is too much gas. I thought it might be a stuck float so I took the bowl off and blew everything I could get to out. Put it back together same thing. But the weird part is when I moved it back into the garage I took the vacuum line off and it ran great. Does this sound like a clogged carb or something more with the vacuum line?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I would either say that the float isn't sealing off allowing too much gas to enter the engine, or some of the kaws have a vent tube coming off the carb, that the mud dabbers like to build nest in, and if the carb vent can't breath can cause the problems that you describe.

Another scenerio could be a plugged air bleed, in the carb, but that may be a little above you understand, because I don't know your mechanical abilities.

Air gets mixed with the fuel as it passes through the jets to help atomize the fuel. If the air doesn't mix can cause a rich run condition.

Threads
I would either say that the float isn't sealing off allowing too much gas to enter the engine, or some of the kaws have a vent tube coming off the carb, that the mud dabbers like to build nest in, and if the carb vent can't breath can cause the problems that you describe.

Another scenerio could be a plugged air bleed, in the carb, but that may be a little above you understand, because I don't know your mechanical abilities.

Air gets mixed with the fuel as it passes through the jets to help atomize the fuel. If the air doesn't mix can cause a rich run condition.

I think you are dead on ILENGINE it sounds like one of the things you mentioned. I have had problems with those mud dabber wasp to they will pack anything full to raise their little larvae. They got into my transaxle vent tube last year, and I like to have never figured out what the problem was. They had it packed so tight the compressor wouldnt blow it out so I had to take a wire to run through it to get the dirt/ mud out.

Ropersscag

Forum Newbie
Threads
I looked at it again the tube I am talking about taking off connects to the case but I will look again tomorrow for a vent tube of any sorts.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Smell the oil for gas contamination. If the oil is gassy, when the oil gets hot the gas fumes will make it act like a rich run situation.