Carb advice for Toro 22" Recycler

gossamer

Threads
Hi, I picked up a Toro 22" Recycler from the curb last year. I replaced the carb and I believe it ran fine, although I never used it. Now I can get it to start by spraying some starting fluid into the carb, but it dies shortly thereafter. I'm confident the carb is getting fuel, as I disconnected the fuel line from the carb and there is gas there. The mower was run dry at the end of last season, so the only gas that would have been left would have been what couldn't burn off. There doesn't seem to be any adjustments on the carb. Could it just need replacing again? Maybe something went wrong with it?

Also, is there not supposed to be any spring or wire attached to the choke, as shown here?
carb.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please post the model and serial numbers for both the engine and the mower. With them we can give you a better idea on how to proceed. Remember we are not psychic and really hate guessing.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is an autochoke carb. so either you are missing a few parts to control the choke or you have the wrong carb. Outside of that which could be the starting issue, you may just need to remove the bowl nut on the bottom and clean the jets in the nut.

gossamer

Threads
Thanks so much for your help. This is the info I have on the engine, as anything that once appeared on the mower body is now gone. I also didn't see any screws or nuts to remove the bowl.

Family: 7BSXS.1901VH

This is the carb I bought for it:

briggs.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Look at the shroud near the spark plug or on the flap over the muffler. The numbers on that tag are EPA numbers and don’t help. Also a picture of the unit may help us identify it.

gossamer

Threads
I found this number stamped on the shroud covering the muffler:
124T02-0161-B1 07081657
serial.jpg

Here's a picture of the whole mower
mower.jpgmower1.jpg

upupandaway

Threads
Hi, I picked up a Toro 22" Recycler from the curb last year. I replaced the carb and I believe it ran fine, although I never used it. Now I can get it to start by spraying some starting fluid into the carb, but it dies shortly thereafter. I'm confident the carb is getting fuel, as I disconnected the fuel line from the carb and there is gas there. The mower was run dry at the end of last season, so the only gas that would have been left would have been what couldn't burn off. There doesn't seem to be any adjustments on the carb. Could it just need replacing again? Maybe something went wrong with it?

Also, is there not supposed to be any spring or wire attached to the choke, as shown here?
View attachment 63921
Yeah, you are missing a few parts - the vane that goes in the square opening on the flywheel cover\shroud, the screw that the vane pivots on-to the hole to the left of the choke, and the spring that pulls the vane toward the flywheel.
pm me. I have those misc parts laying around.

gossamer

Threads
This is the parts manual for the Toro 124T02. I don't see any references to a governor or missing parts. I'm thinking it's the autochoke that ILENGINE mentioned above. Any further ideas greatly apprecaited.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take the bag off and you’ll find the Toro ID tag.