Export thread

Cant identify fuel filter

R

rigoletto

People,

Have a MTD rider, model 13A4667 F118 (model 667 for short) from 1998, with Tecumseh engine 13 HP. The manual diagrams list EVERYTHING but the fuel filter. I also looked at the tecumseh fold out pages, and nothing. Does anyone have an item/code # for my fuel filter based on above provided info? Hoping to find one on Amazon(?).

Thanks, people.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Will probably need the Tecumseh engine model info. But a fuel filter generally isn't a very specific part. That mower appears to have a gravity feed tank with a standard 1/4" hose
I couldn't tell in the diagram, but some tanks will have a strainer/filter in the fuel outlet.
a Briggs and Stratton 394358 would probably work best in this situation.

R

rigoletto

Thanks, srcub! Yes, that makes sense. I do believe it is a 1/4" hose. Do you think this offering will do? It doesnt specify 1/4":

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

That should work.looks just like the 150 micron briggs and stratton fuel filter.

V

VegetiveSteam

Without the engine spec number I can't be 100% sure, but this is most likely the OEM Tecumseh filter FWIW.
1704298078100.png

R

rigoletto

Without the engine spec number I can't be 100% sure, but this is most likely the OEM Tecumseh filter FWIW.
View attachment 67536
Wow, that it! But 2 days ago I ended up ordering the one from Amazon. I got it and I have one question- there is no flow direction arrow on the filter. I blew into it both ways. Should I assume it can be mounted either direction?

V

VegetiveSteam

If it looks like the one in the picture, I would mount it so fuel flows from the small end toward the large end.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Wow, that it! But 2 days ago I ended up ordering the one from Amazon. I got it and I have one question- there is no flow direction arrow on the filter. I blew into it both ways. Should I assume it can be mounted either direction?
if you got that one from amazon with the screen in it, there is no flow direction