Can the AYP electric PTO clutches be rebuilt?

Cool-Ace

Threads
I think my PTO went out today on my Husqvarna 26 Kohler VT. I read a few posts as to how to test it. My Big question is: Can the AYP electric PTO clutches be rebuilt? If so can someone tell me how Please and where to get replacement/repair parts? Thank you.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
To my knowledge nearly electric clutches are not rebuildable; though, a few do have replaceable bearings. Beside aftermarket Xtreme clutches are usually your best deal anyway.

Cool-Ace

Threads
To my knowledge nearly electric clutches are not rebuildable; though, a few do have replaceable bearings. Beside aftermarket Xtreme clutches are usually your best deal anyway.
OK. Thank you. I still have not pulled mine off but I heard what I 1st thought might be a spindle bearing. I kept on mowing then the blades stopped. I was hoping maybe just bearing in the clutch would be my cheap way out. ;)

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The only way they are rebuildable is to find a motor repair shop that is willing to tackle it. Chance of finding somebody to do it is slim and none. Also have to take into account that sometimes they will use odd size bearings. Like for instance they may use the outer race and seals for a 6204 but use the inner race from a 6305 So you may think it is a 6204 bearing but in reality a 6204 may have the correct outer diameter but the wrong inner diameter.

Cool-Ace

Threads
The only way they are rebuildable is to find a motor repair shop that is willing to tackle it. Chance of finding somebody to do it is slim and none. Also have to take into account that sometimes they will use odd size bearings. Like for instance they may use the outer race and seals for a 6204 but use the inner race from a 6305 So you may think it is a 6204 bearing but in reality a 6204 may have the correct outer diameter but the wrong inner diameter.
I know there is a great bearing and repair shop near me. They have bearings so tiny you wonder how they made that, to some so large that they go on mining equipment. I thought I could check see if they can hook me up with the right size. I still need to make sure it is a bearing. I gave up on pulling it for the evening. Thank you