buzzpa

buzzpa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello to all. I'm from Wolcott, CT and I bought a Craftsman model 247.288811 LT1500 lawn tractor in June of 2011. It is a 17.5 hp - 7 speed shift-on-the-go - 42" deck mower. I had a Craftsman lawn tractor before this one for 20 years. I had good use of it with some minor repairs needed but I busted a steering link which I was unable to find a replacement for so I bought this new one. ... This one does a great job for me too and so far I'm glad I have it. ... I use it a lot to mow our 1/2 acre lawn plus I have a homemade trailer that I use to haul firewood and such plus I mounted a 2" towing ball on the rear fender so that I can jockey a log splitter around. ... Like I said, I'm well pleased so far with it. ... The only thing I don't care for is when I change the oil, I have to jack up the right side a lot and take out the drain plug and insert a 3/8" pipe nipple with an elbow and then let the jack down to drain the oil so it won't go all over the place and make a mess like I did the first time with the plastic thing they provided to put under the plug. I didn't have a good experience with that accessory at all. ... But, I only need to do this once a year so I don't mind.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello buzzpa! Welcome to LawnWorld.com! Thanks for sharing about your Craftsman...

By the way, I moved your thread to the Craftsman forum. :thumbsup: