Buying - Selling

lefty2cox

Threads
I know this is the buying forum but I think this question relates. Can't have a buyer without a seller right?

I often acquire equipment and was wondering if anyone had any advice as far as resources for the value of equipment. I'd be willing to pay a reasonable fee for the service if necessary and if the source was reliable. I know the internet is a good place but it seems that I'm mainly finding stuff that hasn't sold. I don't want to waste anyone's time when selling and although this may sound odd, as much as I don't want to leave money on the table, I don't want to screw anyone either. I'd like a happy buyer so maybe they'll think of me the next time, refer me or bring it to me when something goes wrong. Any help is appreciated.
Right now, I'm sitting on a John Deere (not literally) and looking to sell it.

Thanks.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Kelly Bluebook has a guide for lawn and garden equipment.

lefty2cox

Threads
Thank you. Any suggestions for John Deere aftermarket parts? If there is such a thing?
Thanks.

lefty2cox

Threads
I got an lx255. Old machine but in excellent condition. Unfortunately, it appears it needs some of the most expensive parts. Seat and hood. Trying to figure out if it's worth fixing. Those hoods are expensive apparently.

Kennyray

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got an lx255. Old machine but in excellent condition. Unfortunately, it appears it needs some of the most expensive parts. Seat and hood. Trying to figure out if it's worth fixing. Those hoods are expensive apparently.
Is the Hood gone, or just needs fixing. My wife rolled my JD and fortunately she wasn’t in it when it happened. The only damage was the hood. I fixed it better than new and haven’t had a lick of trouble with it. I got a new seat of e-bay.

lefty2cox

Threads
Thank you but I actually ended up selling it as-is. The hood was in rough shape. The top portion was gone. It was apparently demolished and I never received it. The lower portion had the mounting portions for the top hood broken off.