Bunton (Textron) 1250 with Kohler Issues

mesupra

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the forum, looking for some help, anything will be greatly appreciated.

Just purchased a Bunton (made by Textron) 1250 ztr mower with built in box (walker) style bagging/vacuum system. The mower has 1042 hrs. and appears to be in great shape (pics soon). It came with the 48" deck and complete except missing the chute that goes from the deck to the impeller housing. It runs, drives and operates very well and looks great, considering it is running on 1 cylinder.

I have check compression, and spark on the "bad" cylinder to find good compression but no spark, my guess is the coil is bad?

If it is the coil can I repair this while the engine is still mounted or do I need to drop the engine?

If I need to drop the engine is there any preventive maintenance I should preform while it is removed?

Again thanks for the help.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you can remove the blower housing without removing the engine then you can replace the coil ( ignition module) with removing the engine.

mesupra

Forum Newbie
Threads
I guess I don't understand what you are saying, by blower housing do you mean the bagger blower? That does not really seem to be in the way on the 1250 however if you have worked on these at all, I am sure you are much more familiar than I.