brush blade for husqvarna 327ldx...tri cut?

Pondbound

Threads
Hi folks,

I just got a husqvarna 327ldx and a couple attachments. The prospect of using "low use" tools on one engine was very appealing. One thing I wanted to do was get another trimmer attachment and put/leave a brush blade on it. We have a lot of thick crap that grows along the fence line at the woods and also around the pond.

Does anyone have any experience putting a brush blade on this trimmer? I tried to find a conversion kit online but haven't been successful. I asked dealer but got a very generic answer ("I'm sure we can do something for ya"). Would the detachable "shaft" cause some kind of complication that would make using a metal blade no good

Alternatively I did find support for plastic "tri cut" head. Anybody have any experience with those? seems like one sapling and they would break all to heck.

Thanks!
Pond

sprayu2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husky 128LD with the atch shaft & just rigged a saw blade cutter for it. I used a 7 1/4" circular saw blade adapted to a Trimmer Plus BC 720 brush cutter atch. Use it for all my prunning now instead of that heavy Stihl chainsaw, plus it reaches higher.

Wow, your post has been hanging out here since the 11th & still no replay???

Pondbound

Threads
Well, the dealer I bought trimmer from sold me a 255-4 grass blade and said it should work fine. I asked about any extra parts to attach it, and he didn't think any were needed. I haven't tried it yet. With some searching I found this kit

Husqvarna Brush Cutter Kit J 537048502 | eBay

I asked two other dealers about it, and one said there was not a kit for my trimmer and the other said this kit would work, but he wouldn't recommend using it. He said the split shaft would not hold up to the load of a brush blade. To be fair, brush whacking would only be once or twice a year deal probably supplemented with round up. I like to think it will be much less next year after I get this mess under control as well.

My assumption is that it will be OK for occasional use but not recommended for full time use probably due to liability issues. I think I'll get that kit as well. Combiguard seems like a good idea.

Pondbound

Threads
I have a Husky 128LD with the atch shaft & just rigged a saw blade cutter for it. I used a 7 1/4" circular saw blade adapted to a Trimmer Plus BC 720 brush cutter atch. Use it for all my prunning now instead of that heavy Stihl chainsaw, plus it reaches higher.

Wow, your post has been hanging out here since the 11th & still no replay???

Just noticed BC720. How do you like that? I ended up buying an extra string trimmer head and metal blade. Looks like I might could have saved quite a bit of money just getting something like BC720...Live and learn:ashamed: