Repairs Bronze bushing

seeker

Threads
Having looked at several diagrams etc of Lawn-Boy C & D series engines, can not find the part number for the bronze bushing that is pressed in the crankcase ?? Anyone know if available ??

hankthecrank

Threads
Those bronze bushings were a poured in place bushing and the only way to replace them is to have them machined out and a new one pressed in or have the case machined to accept a needle bearing.

seeker

Threads
Thanks for the reply, contacted lawnboy, course no answers from them !!! check with dealer etc., My local dealers are decent people but selling new is more on their mind..I get asked why would I want to fool with those old things :-O.........Are you familar with the duraforce 6.5 at all ? I am replacing piston, old one had arrow with EX on it as well as the number 98-7044 V1, replacement only has arrow ?? Do you know then if up or down ? Sure wish there was shop around here with someone familar with the older ones :-( Thanks again Ken

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the reply, contacted lawnboy, course no answers from them !!! check with dealer etc., My local dealers are decent people but selling new is more on their mind..I get asked why would I want to fool with those old things :-O.........Are you familar with the duraforce 6.5 at all ? I am replacing piston, old one had arrow with EX on it as well as the number 98-7044 V1, replacement only has arrow ?? Do you know then if up or down ? Sure wish there was shop around here with someone familar with the older ones :-( Thanks again Ken

If I were you -- and this assumes that you have time to wait with your mower out of commission -- I would (a) figure out what LB models are compatible with yours in terms of the engine bolting on; and (b) keep looking for one of those to pop up on CraigsList, etc.

I'm guessing that you probably won't have to pay more than $40 for a mower with a good engine and then you'll have all those extra parts. :wink:

That's what I'd do. Those engines are very long lasting and almost all of the mowers I find have basically sound engines (good compression, etc -- but maybe a clogged carb.)

earthworm

Threads
If I were you -- and this assumes that you have time to wait with your mower out of commission -- I would (a) figure out what LB models are compatible with yours in terms of the engine bolting on; and (b) keep looking for one of those to pop up on CraigsList, etc.

I'm guessing that you probably won't have to pay more than $40 for a mower with a good engine and then you'll have all those extra parts. :wink:

That's what I'd do. Those engines are very long lasting and almost all of the mowers I find have basically sound engines (good compression, etc -- but maybe a clogged carb.)
Don't forget about clogged exhausts..
Automotive engine use arrows, which point to the front of the engine...I'll guess that the "front" is away from the flywheel/blade.
Do secure a consensus.

hankthecrank

Threads
A DF does infact have pinned rings and with the arrow pointed at the exhaust port the rings gap would be at the top of the piston away from the exhaust port.