Broadmoor loosing power

bgans

Forum Newbie
Threads
We have a 2014 Boadmoor with under 100 hours on that looses power after 25 minutes of cutting. It's to the point now, that it won't make it up a slight incline. It has a Briggs and Stratton 22 HP engine that has been serviced regularly. Any ideas or similar issue?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
One or more ignition coils are going bad.

slomo

bgans

Forum Newbie
Threads
Turns out the transmission is shot. Apparently a common issue with these mowers, yet Simplicity chooses to ignore it.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I believe someone is trying to pull one over on you. Look at sticker at backside of rear axle should be a K57 Tuff Torque. I have a 2010 Broadmoor that I purchased new June 10, 2010. I have 468 hours on hour meter. I believe you need a new Simplicity drive belt & two new idler pulleys. Post your Simplicity Model # example: 2690814. Where have you been taking tractor to be serviced? Dealer or independent shop? Always use Simplicity OEM & B&S OEM parts. In order to replace drive belt & idler pulleys mower deck needs to be removed. Suggestion, find a reputable mower shop close to home preferably. Visit shops & get references from owners & even your neighbors. My two sons & I all have Simplicity tractors, youngest son & I maintain all three. They bought their tractors used from individuals, Conquest models years 2009 & 2010. Oldest sons tractor had 117 hours on meter, youngest sons had 174 hrs. on meter. Youngest son & I serviced all three transaxles with Tuff Torque 5w-50 Full Synthetic Oil. Oldest son has 4 wheel drive all the time & power steering plus two filters to change. My youngest son found both Conquest tractors, different owners, on craigslist about an hours drive from home, paid cash bought low, replaced worn out parts with OEM parts.

Last edited:

bgans

Forum Newbie
Threads
I believe someone is trying to pull one over on you. Look at sticker at backside of rear axle should be a K57 Tuff Torque. I have a 2010 Broadmoor that I purchased new June 10, 2010. I have 468 hours on hour meter. I believe you need a new Simplicity drive belt & two new idler pulleys. Post your Simplicity Model # example: 2690814. Where have you been taking tractor to be serviced? Dealer or independent shop? Always use Simplicity OEM & B&S OEM parts. In order to replace drive belt & idler pulleys mower deck needs to be removed. Suggestion, find a reputable mower shop close to home preferably. Visit shops & get references from owners & even your neighbors. My two sons & I all have Simplicity tractors, youngest son & I maintain all three. They bought their tractors used from individuals, Conquest models years 2009 & 2010. Oldest sons tractor had 117 hours on meter, youngest sons had 174 hrs. on meter. Youngest son & I serviced all three transaxles with Tuff Torque 5w-50 Full Synthetic Oil. Oldest son has 4 wheel drive all the time & power steering plus two filters to change. My youngest son found both Conquest tractors, different owners, on craigslist about an hours drive from home, paid cash bought low, replaced worn out parts with OEM parts.

Appreciate the input. I bring the tractor to a very good friend who used to work at a Simplicity Dealer as a mechanic. So trust his work 100%.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does the trans make a loud whine when trying to move? If it goes for 25 mins then has the problem you could try replacing the trans fluid with 20w 50 oil or just straight 50 wt and get some more like out of the trans. If the trans is truly shot and not a slipping belt it should be making the TuffTorq whine of death when it is slowing down.

bgans

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does the trans make a loud whine when trying to move? If it goes for 25 mins then has the problem you could try replacing the trans fluid with 20w 50 oil or just straight 50 wt and get some more like out of the trans. If the trans is truly shot and not a slipping belt it should be making the TuffTorq whine of death when it is slowing down.
Tried the oil solution with a short term fix only. And yes, mine whines horribly when going up hill.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Give Tuff Torque a call & explain situation to them, no guarantee but worth a try especially with under 100hrs. on tractor. Make sure you write down model & serial numbers from backside of transaxle, I would also take a picture or two of sticker with IPHONE.

bgans

Forum Newbie
Threads
Give Tuff Torque a call & explain situation to them, no guarantee but worth a try especially with under 100hrs. on tractor. Make sure you write down model & serial numbers from backside of transaxle, I would also take a picture or two of sticker with IPHONE.
I had new tranny installed over weekend. My mechanic [buddy] called Simplicity direct and was told it's basically a common issue because of the increased sizes of tires without modifying cooling system for transmission.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
You never did post your Model number, please post. To my knowledge Simplicity has not changed tire sizes on each model they sell. My Broadmoor has 461.3 hours on hour meter with same tires, transaxle K57 Tuff Torque, etc. Simplicity tractors are top of the line lawn tractors & remain to be when maintained properly. My 2010 Simplicity will outlive me & be passed down through our sons. I believe your K57 Tuff Torque transaxle may have been defective from the factory or tractor has been neglected or abused. Did you purchase tractor new from Dealer?