Broadmoor carb seems to lean out when it's hot

WIJBIRD

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a strange thing happening lately when my motor gets hot. When I'm mowing thick grass and the engine is stressed and hot, the carb doesn't seem to be getting enough fuel. Is it possible that the pulse fuel pump is atomizing the fuel due to the heat? If it's cool outside, the engine runs all day. The motor is a Vanguard 16-hp V-twin OHV.
Thanks in advance,
Jay in WI

WIJBIRD

Forum Newbie
Threads
If it runs fine at cooler temps, what would change within the carb at high temps? You're not thinking anything's wrong with the pulse fuel pump then?
Model: 303777
Type: 1111-A1
Code: 95021611
Thanks,
Jay

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Clean engine by hand, NO WATER! I use shop rags or towels. Remove blower housing & clean all the dirt & such from engine cooling fins, I loosen all the grit & grime up & use a shop vac, this should be done every year or two at least. A piece of coat hanger wire works well in tight places. Be patient & take your time, your engine has to breathe & the cleaner it is the cooler it will run. Be sure to clean underside of blower housing. Let us know how it goes, thanks, Mark
P.S. forget what I said about carburetor being problem, I'm 67 had to back up & regroup with my thinking cap on.

Last edited: