BRIGS AND STRATTON 2 hp on an older mclane edger

jackcu

Threads
Its getting no spark. It had a lot of rust on fly wheel and armature. I have sanded and cleaned both. reinstalled armature with proper gap. still no spark. My next move is to order armature for it but can not find part because of age. Any ideas or maybe a part number that I can order with. Engine model number is 60102 type is 0391-01, code is 80093001.
That's all the info I have.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
the newest part number should be 793281, but 398593 was the earlier part number, but they should all link up. Just cut your wire to the points, follow the instructions that come with the coil, and you are ready to go.

Phil G

Threads
Its getting no spark. It had a lot of rust on fly wheel and armature. I have sanded and cleaned both. reinstalled armature with proper gap. still no spark. My next move is to order armature for it but can not find part because of age. Any ideas or maybe a part number that I can order with. Engine model number is 60102 type is 0391-01, code is 80093001.
That's all the info I have.

Have you removed the flywheel to clean the points behind it? If its not been run for a few years these could be knackered.
Not the best video but, shows you where they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC1b2ucCjpU

Good luck, Phil :smile: