Briggs ?

aka rotten

Threads
Got a question for you experts.Briggs engine,Mod-2238-E1,Mod.42A707,Code0103195A,Enginehard to start at times ,Things done,New fuel lines ,filter,plugs.Once started ,runs fine,will run all day.If i shut it off,it,ll crank and crank then suddenly start and run fine.spark good while cranking,checked it several times.Only thing i havent done to it is replace fuel pump diaframs,ever.Sound like that could be problem?And could someone tell me what year that engine is by #,s.Thanks,Paul

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Could be a fuel pump problem, carb problem, choke problem. Possibly an air leak between the carb, and the fuel tank causing fuel to drain back to tank, and has to be repumped by to carb.

May not even be fuel related, could be compression related,. the opposed twin engine is also bad at dropping the exhaust valve on the number 1 cylinder. Also has seen problems with egg shaping the number 1 cylinder.

the engine is a 2001 model to answer your other question.

aka rotten

Threads
Could be a fuel pump problem, carb problem, choke problem. Possibly an air leak between the carb, and the fuel tank causing fuel to drain back to tank, and has to be repumped by to carb.

May not even be fuel related, could be compression related,. the opposed twin engine is also bad at dropping the exhaust valve on the number 1 cylinder. Also has seen problems with egg shaping the number 1 cylinder.

the engine is a 2001 model to answer your other question.

Thanks for answer to my year ? Now no gas leaks as i see fuel in new filter about 4 in from carb.Could be carb. prob. as i never had it apart or the fuel pump either.Didnt think of compression as like i said runs great when started no misses or lack of power,dont have compression ga.but it will blow finger off hole when cranking,as back woods as that sounds.Iwas just thinking diaphrams needed replacing as may be brittle or something with this dang fuel.However i have never did anything to carb either.i,ll have to look at that.Thanks,Paul