Briggs Vanguard 18hp Head Gasket?

sgruver78

Forum Newbie
I have an 18hp Vanguard engine on my Lazer Z CT mower and is either leaking hydro oil or engine oil but i can't seem to find the location. Neither the engine oil or hydro oil seems to get low throughout my mowing season but I do get a drip or two under my mower the 4 or so days it goes between mowings. Anyway, as I was searching for the cause of the leak I noticed this leak around the head near the exhaust. I assume it is a head gasket but could there be a chance it is just an exhaust gasket failure? Wasn't sure if anybody knew if this was a common issue on these motors or not and I would like to gather as much info on it before I start ripping it apart. I attached a picture.

Thank you
 

Attachments

  • 20220417_115029.jpg
    20220417_115029.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 13
I doubt it would be the exhaust gasket, more that likely head gasket. I wouldn’t recommend tearing into it until I had a better reason, than a small drip, as I’m hundreds of miles away and can’t see what you are seeing. It’s up to you how you would like to proceed.
 
Back
Top