Briggs thermostat

paulbot

Threads
Briggs 24HP twin motor part #44S8770002. Mounted in a YTA24V48, two problems, notice choke wasn't closing all the way after getting gunked up. I have been jiggling the tstat linkage to start when cold This one has the thermostat controlling the choke plate. The pic is for the thermostat, lever and screws.
Briggs carb spring.jpg
So looking at thermostat and choke it seems that the choke is sticking the last little bit before closing completely. I've cleaned all the linkage and thermostat, paid attention to the choke plate pin it pivots on. Cleaned them with carb cleaner the sprayed them down with white lithium, Going to try it a few times but I'm thinking I need to pull the intake to give the choke shaft a better cleaning. Sounds good?

While spraying with carb cleaner I noticed there was a spring half hooked on the BRACKET, Choke Control using part 219A
I don't see a hole for the spring to hook to at the top. Anyone know where it hooks to?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First, if you tried to clean the thermostat with carb cleaner, I’m willing to bet you destroyed it. The cleaner will ruin the wax. Second, the spring hooks into the same hole as the carb linkage.

paulbot

Threads
Thanks, Rivets. I'll see what it does and probably order a new tstat if it continues to act up.