Briggs & Stratton Vangaruard V-Twin - Carb spittig Gas out

LakeRat1

Threads
  • / Briggs & Stratton Vangaruard V-Twin - Carb spittig Gas out
I have a 16 HP B & S Vanguard V Twin Type 916928 Mo# 303777 Its on a JD LT 166 >< on the Top Right side of the Carburetor just about the same Level as where the Gas Line comes in, there is a small Nipple/Tit very small, maybe a little bigger than 1/8 in. this fitting has nothing on it, and I don't see anything that came off of it, when the motor is running, gas is spitting out, I would say a drop ever 2 sec. or so,

My question is what is it and what do I need to do, Plug it up? I Have a Digital Picture of it >< I would Like to Thank You for what every suggestions you have,
100_3058 (640x427).jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In my opinion that is the bowl vent. If fuel is coming out there you are getting to much fuel in the float bowl. Does the engine seem to be running a little rough or putting out black smoke, which would mean it is running too rich.

LakeRat1

Threads
Thanks Rivets>< I was Hopping You would take a Look at this >< Yes it is running Ruff, like the choak is out and sending out smoke, it started this while I was using the mower, it had been running fine, is I Possible that the Float can get out of adjustment with it not being taken apart?

What do you think caused this to happen? so if I understand you right >< this is like a Breather/ Vent for the bowl, and I need to adjust the Float Level >< should there be a drain line on this tit? seems odd that this is just wide open, it sort of looks like it is made to receive a piece of rubber tubing, when I saw the gas running down the front of the Muffler I was thinking DANGER >< FIRE

Thanks Rivets for Your Help,

Rat

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner, 50 hour weeks cut my time short. Normally there is no tube on this vent. If I would see this condition in the shop, I would first look at the carb. I suspect the float needle is not seating properly allowing too much fuel to enter the carb bowl, possibly a bad float. I would remove the carb, give it a good cleaning, and rebuild with a carb repair kit.

LakeRat1

Threads
Thanks Rivets >< that is what I will do, If I find anything different I will let You Know, I have the JD Shop Manual on CD, and they don't show that vent, I knew You would have a Answer

Thanks

Rat