Briggs & Stratton China carb

mrmickey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello to all,
I bought a Chinese knockoff card for my Toro snowthrower last year. The machine runs fine until it warms up at which point it revs up to maximum rpms and will not go back to idle.
I think the springs on the replacement carb are not right and the governor does not work correctly when the engines heats up. If anyone has any ideas of how to fix tis issue, I would appreciate any ideas.
Thanks,
Mitch

IronTom

Forum Newbie
Threads
That tiny return spring is mis-connected. Don't start it. First check the carb-throttle-plate position. It should be wide-open. When you choke & start, the engine govenor will pull it back to wherever you have set the handlebar-throttle. All back - kills the spark.

Note: Some Asian carbs have a plastic gizmo that 'links' the throttle-plate to the choke-plate. This means your wide-open will be Choke, pull it back to Fast, further back is Slow, All back is Stop.

Note: The engine govenor moves, match the crankshaft RPM. At idle, you can feel a slight movement, as RPMs increase, watch the govenor move to match your throttle. As you labor/load the engine, the RPMs slow, and the govenor will open the throttle to maintain the RPMs per your setting.

You mentioned; when IT warms up, IT goes wide open. Thats scary !
What is your throttle setting when this happens ? Maybe the throttle needs examined.
When all else fails - BE CAREFUL !

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Post the Toro model and serial numbers, plus all engine numbers. With them we will have a better idea of that you are dealing with. Right now we don’t know if you have a 30 year old CCR or a 3 year old SnowMaster.