Briggs & Stratton 6.0 Horsepower Engine on Craftsman Wheeled Weedtrimmer

mrpawpaw

Forum Newbie
It has always run great and was running great when I stored in over the winter. I drained all gas out before storing it. When I tried to use it for the first time after being in storage, it would not even start. I have checked and/or changed all the following things: replaced the carburetor, spark plug, coil, and made sure it had gas in it. There is no spark to the plug. Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be?
 
Lets start with the actual model type and code from the engine. So we know what variation of engine you have. At this stage we are just guessing what ignition and kill system you have.
 
You have thrown a lot of parts at this. With all those new parts and no spark, best guess is that the kill switch is malfunctioning and is in the “on” position all the time. Try pulling the kill wire off the coil and see if that lets you start. If so, check out the connection where the wire gets grounded.
 
Back
Top