Briggs muffler help?

frixmatthew

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ive got a B&S 14hp opposed twin on my mower and here recently I noticed some popping coming from the exhaust, also my mom and brother said they could smell the exhaust, so I figured it was an exhaust leak, I pulled the exhaust off today and found some small rust holes on the bottom of the exhaust. I was thinking about buying 2 screw on exhaust like whats usually on a push mower and putting on it so i dont have to spend $90 on a new exhaust. So my question is will the screw exhaust work?

Heres somewhat of what I was thinking of buying.
Arnold Replaces Briggs & Stratton muffler part number 294599 - 4440838 | Tractor Supply Company

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have seen those cherry red on more than one engine. Had a customer that used them on his sawmill with a 16hp vanguard that would burn them about about once a month.

chance123

Threads
If you are talking about the internal threads in the exhaust port, yes, they are standard pipe threads.

frixmatthew

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you are talking about the internal threads in the exhaust port, yes, they are standard pipe threads.

Well yea I knew I could use them, Im just curious if it would sound okay and run okay with then mufflers on it.

chance123

Threads
Well yea I knew I could use them, Im just curious if it would sound okay and run okay with then mufflers on it.

That is what those threads are for. you can get the pipe and elbows if desired and get a screw on muffler for the end of the pipe